Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My top 5 Android apps

Here's a list of some of my favorite practical Android apps, as well as games, in no particular order:


1. Astrid Tasks (link)
I use Astrid Tasks more than any other app. I've tried other checklists and notes, but none of them are close to Astrid. I easily created a bunch of different lists to keep track of groceries, personal goals, important reminders, and things to do at home, all sorted by importance and due date. I can even share tasks and lists with anyone else with the app, so it's perfect for me and my hubbie to stay on the same page. I love how you can place a widget on your springboard that displays the top 5 items for any list or filter. There are so many awesome little features that make this app really powerful. Checking off something feels like an accomplishment too!

2. Business Calendar (link)

I've tried a bunch of different calendars too, but they weren't as versatile as this app. I have a bunch of different Google Calendars to stay organized, but this app has a widget for your springboard that can show any upcoming items for any calendars you choose. It's so useful that I can't even use Google Calendars online anymore. Even when you're making a new event, it displays a little timeline to the side so you can be sure it won't overlap anything important. I use this to set important reminders, bill due dates, and things like trash day reminders.

3. Game Dev Story (link)
I was so happy when this came out for Android. It did not disappoint. If you're a video game buff, or enjoy playing casual games at all, this is a must-have. You play as the owner of a game company that's starting out in the early 90s, so you're in charge of making decisions to bring in revenue and make the best games. It's funny how every employee wears a weird outfit like a speedo or something (It was made in Japan.)

4. Alchemy (link)
This is a fun little game that requires you to be rather creative, especially if you want to discover everything! You just drag icons over others to create something new. Such as.. fire + water = steam. And then you have a new "steam" icon that you combine with other elements. It might not sound like it, but it's incredibly addicting once you start.

Just for women:
5. Menstrual Calendar (Premium) (link)
I could never remember the dates I started or stopped, nor could I make any sense out of my own cycles, until I found this, so this app has proven to be very useful! You can create and keep track of custom symptoms, with the choice of tons of different little icons. It can even help you predict the start of your next cycle, although it is a little simplistic. I think this is a must-have for any woman who is a little forgetful too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment